Thursday, March 20, 2014

Let's Talk About Sex (NSFW!!!)

Now that everyone's done spitting out their coffee...

If you're of a certain age, that phrase probably brings to mind the Salt 'N Pepa song, which may well be stuck in your head now (Sorry!). What I really wanted to talk about are the multitudes of euphemisms for sex, both when TTC and in the wider world.

If you're TTC, you might say:

  • doing the deed
  • baby dance
  • getting I's on the chart
  • date night

In the wider world, there are the ever popular:
  • the horizontal mambo
  • go all the way
  • hide the salami
  • make love
  • roll in the hay
  • sleep with
  • burn the sheets
  • be intimate
  • making whoopee
  • boink
  • roll in the hay
  • mattress dance
  • bedroom rodeo
  • doing it
  • getting busy
  • getting down and dirty
  • coitus
  • intercourse
  • congress
  • spelunking
  • playing putt-putt
Which expressions do you like and which do you hate? What do you actually say? I'm not a big fan of "doing the deed," since it really makes it sound like crossing something off the list, plus it sounds like it's a one time thing. Baby dance is just a big ol' no in my book. (Hello! No baby.) Boink is just fun to say; I think I have to try using it more often. I also like horizontal mambo, but we're dancers, so that one should be natural. Most often we talk about getting I's on the chart, which, let's face it, is a little boring. Maybe trying out some new euphemisms will be good for making things more interesting - or at least a laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I haven't heard some of those before, thanks for keeping me in the know. ;) I didn't realize" date night", could have that meaning when ttc. I probably say "lovin'" and we also somehow made up our own word...not sure exactly how, but we both know what it means. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH makes any phrase into a euphemism for sex. If I say, "let's go grocery shopping" he'll say, "Can I shop for your groceries tonight?" Really, any noun/verb combo works for him. We just laugh and laugh and laugh. I play the 'eye rolling' wife, but I love it. This is a funny post- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete