Just Say Amen!" - Finding Favour, "Say Amen"
There's no other phrase that sums up living with infertility for me - "finding joy in the midst of sorrow." We can't go around being angry, sad, and frustrated all the time. Trust me, I've tried. After a while, you get to a point where you start to hate yourself, to hate who you've become. It's exhausting and depressing. Then the next thing you know, you really are depressed and questioning whether your life has any value. (Perhaps a slight exaggeration.)
So here are a few things that have brought me joy lately.
- Finding out on Easter Monday that the hellebores I thought had died had survived the winter
- The scent of hyacinths (I would say that they're one of my favorite flowers, but I think I have too many favorites!)
- Purring cats
- A good book, a bowl of popcorn, and a roaring fire on a cold night
- Finally being able to turn the heat off and open windows!
- Playing board games with friends
- Starting to think about throwing an "Un-Bachelor" Party for Husbandido (or should it be a birthday party? He will turn 40 this year...)
I'm not sure I can say that I've found "peace in the storm" or "hope for tomorrow," but I'm trying hard to find those moments of joy, in the midst of so much sorrow.