Friday, August 23, 2013

And now a brief message from our sponsor...

If you never have occasion to give gifts to children, then this post is not for you. (I hope to see you back later, though!) 

If you come in through my front door, the first room you notice is the library. Yes folks, we have enough books that we really needed a library in our house. And that's in addition to the built in bookshelves in the living room and office, and yet more freestanding book shelves in the living room and blue room. I love books, and I love reading.

One of my fondest wishes was to be able to read to my own children, passing on to them the gift of a love of books and learning. Obviously the "my own children" part isn't working out so well so far, but I still want to pass on my love of reading to the children in my life. That's why I love giving books as gifts, since you never know which book will spark that interest and love. Nieces, nephews, friends' kids, cousins' kids... you name the relationship, if I've given them a gift, it has almost always included a book. (An added benefit is that books don't make noise or play songs that you can never get out of your head, which helps keep you in their parents' good graces.) I am hosting an online Usborne books party in conjunction with Joy Beyond the Cross. They have books for babies to teenagers, covering a huge range of topics. All the books that I have seen are very high quality, and Usborne provides great service, too. My online sale lasts until August 31; the website is here. If you order 2 or more books, you will receive a $5 rebate check. If you're interested in hosting a party and getting free books, the full scoop is here.

Thank you for your time!

And now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming...


No comments:

Post a Comment