1) Sarris Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Before going gf, chocolate covered pretzels were my absolute favorite candy; they have the perfect mix of salty and sweet, and Sarris chocolate is wonderful. (They do make a gf version, but the pretzels were just a hair too crispy and not salty enough. Plus, they're $17.)
2) Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza
This picture isn't actually of the pizza Husbandido surprised me with last Tuesday; ours was pepperoni and sausage. Beside making a yummy dinner, I had leftover pizza for lunch most of the week! (Husbandido had tried repeatedly to make me a stuffed crust pizza, but the cheese usually leaked out a little. The best pizza crust recipe or mixture we found that was gluten-free was Cup 4 Cup, which is pricey, but worth it for a special treat.)
3) Saturday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed... of Chik-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit and Hash Browns. Husbandido thought I might be super hungry, so he got me two. The second one reheated really well, and we split it for a fast breakfast on Sunday. Previously he had tried to make a gluten-free version, but the problem was getting the chicken right.
4) I don't remember exactly which day it was (might have been the weekend before the one just past), we went out to eat at Red Lobster. We hadn't been there since I went gluten-free. Those biscuits are so good! (And again, I had plenty of leftovers to make lunch for both of us the next day. Yay for easy meals!)
I will now cease taunting you all with gluten containing foods that you can't have. (And I'll get my final GF product review post up soon!)
5) Synthroid - I know there are some people who think that Armour is the only way to treat hypothyroidism, but Synthroid has been a miracle drug for me. I have the energy to do things again (including deal with a downed tree), and I've lost 5 pounds in the approximately 2 weeks I've been taking it. I'm keeping a close eye on the weight loss, especially since losing too much too fast is problematic. I also have a definite idea of how much is too much to lose, though it is fun seeing my Wii Fit Mii shrink.
6) Free stuff! Who doesn't love a good giveaway? In honor of NFP awareness week, Simcha Fisher is hosting major giveaways, including a copy of her book. Here's the post for today's giveaways. (I know, I know... we may all be a lift too aware of our fertility or lack thereof, but not all of the items are fertility related.)